ECE at the U
Never before in the history of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Utah have so many exciting things been happening:
- Info for prospective Engineering Faculty
- Introduction to Salt Lake City
- In 2011, the Department surpassed $10 Million in research dollars (compared with $2.5 Million spent in 2005).
- Since 2005, we have added 10 new tenure-track faculty members (a 55% growth) while other universities struggle with budget cuts.
- Nearly 100% of our Ph.D. candidates get research funding and financial assistance. We also fund many Masters students.
- USTAR funded a $150 Million research center on campus as well as seven new outstanding junior and senior faculty members in the ECE Department. USTAR collaborates with the University of Utah to create world-class research teams in strategic areas in engineering.
But wait, there’s more!
There’s always more available to students in the ECE Department at the University of Utah:
We have active chapters of:
- Engineers Without Borders
- Tau Beta Pi
- … and other student clubs and professional organizations.
We coordinate the Engineering Clinic Program that connects our senior students with companies to complete senior research projects together, giving our students both experience and connections with industrial contacts.
We have opportunities in student government, tutoring programs, outdoor activity clubs, and more located right on campus.
We even host a Technical Career Fair each fall semester to bring national and local engineering companies to campus for a social event, a career fair, and interviews as they recruit our best and brightest students.
The ECE Department is the center for education and research in electrical and computer engineering at Utah’s flagship university.