Senior Project Writing and Presentation Requirements
ECE 4900 / 4910 Senior Design I and II
Preliminary Design Review (PDR)
- Must be scheduled for middle to late Fall.
- Students will receive writing and speaking guidelines from CLEAR representatives in class.
- Students present their project ideas and highlight the areas where they still have questions.
- All students will individually write a 2-3 page design overview to be reviewed by CLEAR.
- For team projects, the teams will also write a preliminary team proposal which in the case of clinics is forwarded to the sponsor before the visit.
- For clinics, if possible, the team will then go present the PDR to the industrial sponsor.
Critical Design Review (CDR)
- Must be scheduled late Fall to early Spring.
- Students present a concrete description of what they are working on with preliminary results and demonstrations.
- Writing assignment is a complete paper (including abstract, introduction, conclusions, and references) written individually by each team member describing their specific task in the project which are evaluated by CLEAR as individual writing assignments.
- For team projects, the writing is merged to form a preliminary final report to send to the clinic sponsor.
- For clinics, the team would again go to the sponsor to present their CDR.
- This is in late March / early April at the ECE Technical Open House.
- A practice session with CLEAR must be scheduled and completed before the Technical Open House.
- You should be able to give a nearly complete presentation well in advance of the the technical open house.
- Writing assignment is the final paper which can be a team report where applicable.
- A draft of this report must be sent to CLEAR well in advance of the Technical Open House.