ECE 6900/7900 Graduate Seminar
Fall Semester 2014
Instructor: Prof. Gianluca Lazzi, email@example.com
Location: WEB 1250
Meeting Time: Mondays at 3:05-3:55 p.m. (with some occasional Fridays)
Teaching Assistant: TBA
General Course Information and Requirements
- This is a credit/no credit class required of all MS/ME students. A student continuing for the Ph.D. degree must register for ECE 7900/7910 after having previously taken ECE 6900 and 6910 during their MS/ME program.
- A tentative Graduate Seminar Schedule for the beginning of Fall 2014 will be listed below once seminars are scheduled. Several of the seminars have yet to be announced. These slots will be filled in due course, and the speakers and topics of the seminars will be announced as the information becomes available.
- To receive credit for this class, a student must attend at least 70% of the seminars offered. Based on the current estimate of seminars that will be offered this semester (15), this translates into attending at least 11 seminars.
- Seminar attendance will be recorded through the students UCard. Each student registered for the course will be registered in the system using the serial number from their UCard. It is a student’s responsibility to bring their UCard to each seminar, scan it with the UCard reader that the course’s TA brings to class, and stay for the duration of the seminar to get credit.
- The first graduate seminar of Fall Semester will be held on Monday, August 25th, 2014.
- Students are expected to turn in a well-written report on any seminars that they attended during the year. Students may compensate for 2 absences by turning in an additional report on the research of any single graduate seminar speaker. Reports should be turned in to the course instructor before the last day of the semester.