ECE 6900/7900 Graduate Seminar
Fall Semester 2014
Instructor: Prof. Gianluca Lazzi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: WEB 1250
Meeting Time: Mondays at 3:05-3:55 p.m. (with some occasional Fridays)
Teaching Assistant: Seyyed Hashemizadehkolowri, email@example.com
General Course Information and Requirements
- This is a credit/no credit class required of all MS/ME students. A student continuing for the Ph.D. degree must register for ECE 7900/7910 after having previously taken ECE 6900 and 6910 during their MS/ME program.
- A tentative Graduate Seminar Schedule for the beginning of Fall 2014 will be listed below once seminars are scheduled. Several of the seminars have yet to be announced. These slots will be filled in due course, and the speakers and topics of the seminars will be announced as the information becomes available.
- To receive credit for this class, a student must attend at least 70% of the seminars offered. Based on the current estimate of seminars that will be offered this semester (15), this translates into attending at least 11 seminars.
- Seminar attendance will be recorded. It is a student’s responsibility to bring their UCard to each seminar so the course TA can verify attendance. Students must stay for the duration of the seminar to get credit.
- The first graduate seminar of Fall Semester will be held on Monday, August 25th, 2014.
- Students are expected to turn in a well-written, 2-page minimum report on any seminars that they attended during the year. Students may compensate for 2 absences by turning in an additional report on the research of any single graduate seminar speaker. Reports should be turned in to the course instructor before the last day of the semester and should be in the IEEE Magnetics Letters format laid out at the bottom of the following webpage:
August 25th, 2014
Dr. Gianluca Lazzi University of Utah Electrical & Computer Engineering Department When: Monday, August 25, 2014 at 3:05 p.m.Where: Warnock 1250 During this first Graduate Seminar of Fall 2014, Dr. Lazzi will welcome students to the 2014-2015 academic year and go over the format for Graduate Seminar for the remainder of the semester.
September 8th, 2014
Drs. Priyank Kalla and Darrin Young University of Utah Electrical & Computer Engineering Department When: Monday, September 8, 2014 at 3:05 p.m.Where: Warnock 1250 Drs. Priyank Kalla and Darrin Young will review graduate policies and procedures for the ECE Department.