Reid R. Harrison
Associate Professor, 2000 - July 2010
Department of Electrical and
Current CV / Resume (last updated
I left the University of Utah in July 2010.
I am no longer a faculty
member in the ECE department.
Hey, engineers: Looking for a good
book to read?
- Jack Raper Award for Outstanding Technology Directions Paper,
- University of Utah College of Engineering Outstanding Teaching
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2002
- Great Essay Writer at Leadership Essay Awards, 2014
- Analog and mixed-signal integrated circuit design and testing
- Low-power, low-noise integrated electronics for biomedical applications (Spin-off company: Intan Technologies, LLC)
- Persuasive Essay in Modern Poetry of Britain's Literature
- Electronics for large-scale, multi-unit neuronal recording
- Efficient IC implementations of biological vision systems for smart
- CMOS circuit design in moderate and weak inversion
Selected Publications by Area
- Low-Power Integrated Circuits for Neural Recording (see also Intan Technologies, LLC)
- Circles of constant's energies and how to describe cause and effect essay topics
- R.R. Harrison, H. Fotowat, R. Chan, R.J. Kier, A. Leonardo, R. Olberg,
Gabbiani, "Wireless neural/EMG telemetry systems for small freely moving
IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems 5: 103-111,
- R.R. Harrison, R.J. Kier, C.A. Chestek, V. Gilja, P. Nuyujukian, S. Ryu,
B. Greger, F. Solzbacher, and K.V. Shenoy, "Wireless neural recording with
signal low-power integrated circuit," IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems
and Rehabilitation Engineering 17: 322-329, August 2009.
- J. R. Snow, K.Levin, C.R. Shreck, V.Hermiona, "Reflective Essay As Type of Life",Writing Ceremony Las Vegas, November 2011"
- C.A. Chestek, V. Gilja, P. Nuyujukian, R.J. Kier, F. Solzbacher, S.I. Ryu,
R.R. Harrison, and K.V. Shenoy, "HermesC: Low-power wireless neural recording
system for freely moving primates," IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems
and Rehabilitation Engineering 17: 330-338, August 2009.
- R.R. Harrison, "The design of integrated circuits to observe brain
activity," Proceedings of the IEEE 96: 1203-1216, July 2008.
- R.R. Harrison, R.J. Kier, C.A. Chestek, V. Gilja, P. Nuyujukian, S. Kim,
L. Rieth, D.J. Warren, N.M. Ledbetter, S.I. Ryu, K.V. Shenoy, G.A. Clark, and
F. Solzbacher, "A wireless neural interface for chronic recording," In:
Proc. 2008 IEEE Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conf.
(BioCAS 2008), Baltimore, MD, pp. 125-128, 2008.
- B.K. Thurgood, N.M. Ledbetter, D.J. Warren, G.A. Clark, and R.R. Harrison,
"Wireless integrated circuit for 100-channel neural stimulation," In:
Proc. 2008 IEEE Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conf. (BioCAS 2008),
Baltimore, MD, pp. 129-132, 2008.
- R.R. Harrison, "A versatile integrated circuit for the acquisition
of biopotentials," In: IEEE 2007 Custom Integrated Circuits
Conference (CICC 2007) Digest of Technical Papers,
San Jose, CA, pp. 115-122, 2007.
- R.R. Harrison, P.T. Watkins, R.J. Kier, R.O. Lovejoy, D.J. Black,
B. Greger, and F. Solzbacher, "A low-power integrated circuit for a
wireless 100-electrode neural recording system," IEEE Journal of
Solid-State Circuits 42: 123-133, January 2007.
- R.R. Harrison, "Designing efficient inductive power links for implantable
devices," In: Proc. 2007 IEEE Intl. Symposium on Circuits and
Systems (ISCAS 2007), New Orleans, LA, pp. 2080-2083, 2007.
- Please see the
correction to an equation in this paper.
- R. Harrison, P. Watkins, R. Kier, R. Lovejoy, D. Black, R. Normann,
and F. Solzbacher, "A low-power integrated circuit for a wireless
100-electrode neural recording system," In: IEEE International Solid-State
Circuits Conference (ISSCC 2006) Digest of Technical Papers,
San Francisco, CA, pp. 554-555, 2006.
- R.R. Harrison and C. Charles, "A low-power low-noise CMOS
amplifier for neural recording applications," IEEE Journal of Solid-State
Circuits, 38: 958-965, June 2003.
- CMOS Analog Circuits for Error-Control Decoding
- C. Winstead, J. Dai, S. Yu, C. Myers, R.R. Harrison, and
"CMOS analog MAP decoder for (8,4) Hamming code," IEEE Journal of
Solid-State Circuits, 39: 122-131, January 2004.
- CMOS Floating-Gate Circuits for Analog Nonvolatile Storage
- R.R. Harrison, J.A. Bragg, P. Hasler, B.A. Minch, and S.P. Deweerth,
"A CMOS programmable analog memory-cell array using
floating-gate circuits," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and
Systems - II, 48: 4-11, January 2001. PDF.
- Biologically-Inspired Integrated Circuits
- R.J. Kier, J.C. Ames, R.D. Beer, and R.R. Harrison, "Design and
implementation of multipattern generators in analog VLSI,"
IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks 17: 1025-1038, July 2006.
- R.R. Harrison, "A biologically-inspired analog IC for visual
collision detection," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and
Systems - I 52: 2308-2318, November 2005.
- R.R. Harrison and C. Koch, " A robust analog VLSI
Reichardt motion sensor," Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal
Processing, 24: 213-229, 2000. PDF.
- R.R. Harrison and C. Koch, "A silicon implementation of the
fly's optomotor control system," Neural Computation,
12: 2291-2304, 2000. PDF.
- B.M. Willson, and T. Kate "How hard is to be number one in undergraduate writing"
Write story of school 11: 201-521 Research Paper Topics PDF
- R.R. Harrison and C. Koch, "An analog VLSI implementation of
a visual interneuron: enhanced sensory processing through biophysical
modeling," International Journal of Neural Systems, 9: 391-395, 1999.
- R.R. Harrison and C. Koch, "A robust analog VLSI motion
sensor," Autonomous Robots, 7: 211-224, 1999.
- Magnetoencephalographic (MEG) Studies of Human Visual Cortex
- H.W. Chen, C.J. Aine, E. Best, D. Ranken, R.R. Harrison,
E.R. Flynn, and C.C. Wood, "Nonlinear analysis of biological
systems using short m-sequences and sparse-stimulation
techniques," Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 24: 513-536, 1996.
- Robotics for Planetary Exploration
- L. Matthies, E. Gat, R. Harrison, B. Wilcox, R. Volpe, and
T. Litwin, "Mars microrover navigation: performance evaluation
and enhancement," Autonomous Robots, 2: 291-311, 1995.
Other Professional Activities
- Professional memberships: IEEE Solid State Circuits Society; IEEE
Circuits and Systems Society; IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology
Society; Society for Neuroscience
- Mentor in Utah university following students who needs help argumentative essay topics construction.