Spencer Kellis, Ph.D.
Advisor: Richard Brown
I have graduated from the University of Utah and am currently a Postdoctoral Scholar at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech). See my webpage there.
New Contact Information:
California Institute of Technology
Biology Division, Mail Code 216-76
1200 E. California Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91125
skellis (at) vis.caltech.edu
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering at the University of Utah (2012)
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering at the University of Utah (2009)
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering at Brigham Young University (2006)
My work in neural prosthetics is in collaboration with Prof. Bradley Greger.
- Signal processing for brain-computer interfaces
- Algorithms for decode and classification of sensed neural activity
- VLSI design for low-power integrated sensing microsystems
- Kellis S., Greger B., Hanrahan S., House P., Brown R., "Sensing millimeter-scale dynamics in cortical surface potentials for neural prosthetics," Accepted for presentation at IEEE Sensors, 28-31 October 2011, Limerick, Ireland.
- Kellis S., Greger B., Hanrahan S., House P., Brown R., "Platinum microwire for subdural electrocorticography over human neocortex: millimeter-scale spatiotemporal dynamics," Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc, vol. 1, pp 4761-65, 2011.
- Redd B., Kellis S., Gaskin N., Brown R., "Scratchpad memories in the context of process scaling," 54th Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, 2011.
- Kellis S., Miller K., Thomson K., Brown R., House P., Greger B., "Decoding spoken words using local field potentials recorded from the cortical surface," 2010 Journal of Neural Engineering 7 056007.
- Kellis S., Miller K., Thomson K., Brown R., House P., Greger B., "Classification of spoken words using surface local field potentials," Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc, vol 1, pp 3827-30, 2010.
- Kellis S., Gaskin N., Redd B., Marsman E., Brown R., "Hybrid On-Chip Clocking for Sensor Nodes," presented at the International Symposium on System-on-Chip 2010, Tampere, Finland, 2010.
- Kellis S., Gaskin N., Redd B., Campbell J., Brown R., "Energy profile of a microcontroller for neural prosthetic application," in Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), Proceedings of 2010 IEEE International Symposium on, 2010, pp. 3841-3844.
- Kellis S., House P., Marsman E., Senger R., Gaskin N., Thomson K.E., Greger B., Brown R., "An Embedded System for Neural Prosthetics," presented at the 18th IEEE/IFIP International Conference on VLSI and System-on-Chip (VLSI-SoC), Florianópolis, Brazil, 2009.
- Kellis S.S., House P.A., Thomson K.E., Brown R., Greger B., "Human neocortical electrical activity recorded on nonpenetrating microwire arrays: applicability for neuroprostheses," Neurosurg Focus, vol. 27, p. E9, Jul 2009.
- Baker J., Bishop W., Kellis S., Levy T., House P., Greger B., "Multi-scale recordings for neuroprosthetic control of finger movements," Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc, vol. 2009, pp. 4573-7, 2009.
- Spjut J., Boulos S., Kopta D., Brunvand E., Kellis S., "TRaX: A Multi-Threaded Architecture for Real-Time Ray Tracing," in Application Specific Processors, 2008. SASP 2008. Symposium on, 2008, pp. 108-114.
- Henrie J., Kellis S., Schultz S., Hawkins A., "Electronic color charts for dielectric films on silicon," Opt Express, vol. 12, pp. 1464-9, Apr 5 2004.
Browse some of my photography. The picture above is one I took of the Warnock Engineering Building in 2007.