Transfer Student Admissions
What Should You Do Next?
- Apply to the University of Utah as a Transfer Student.
- After you have been accepted as a student to the University of Utah, attend Transfer Student Orientation and meet with an advisor in your area of study.
- Choose your program of study. You can view the sample plans for Electrical and Computer Engineering degrees on our advising page.
- Complete a Transfer Petition so that we can look at what you have already completed (we will not be able to do this until you have been accepted as a student by the University of Utah Office of Admissions). You can use the articulation sheets below to know which courses align with U of U courses if your previous institution is listed.
- Apply for major status during the semester in which you are completing the required pre-major classes. If you already completed the pre-major classes at your previous institution, you can apply now.
If you are transferring from any of the following schools:
BYU-Idaho, College of Eastern Utah, Dixie State College, LDS Business College, Salt Lake Community College, Snow College, Southern Utah University, Utah State University, Utah Valley University, Weber State University, and Westminster College, then you can use our articulation sheets.
If you are transferring from a school that is not listed above:
You will need to provide syllabi and any other documentation to justify why a class should be articulated to a U of U class.
Electrical Engineering Articulation Sheets