The Electrical Engineering program and the Computer Engineering program are both accredited by ABET.
The Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
111 Market Place, Suite 1050
Baltimore, MD 21202-4012
Telephone: (410) 347-7700
The Electrical Engineering curriculum provides the students with the knowledge of probability and statistics, mathematics through differential and integral calculus, linear algebra and complex variables, basic sciences, computer science, and engineering sciences necessary to analyze and design complex electrical and electronic devices, software, and systems containing hardware and software components. To ensure that the graduates of the program consistently accomplish the objectives described above, the curriculum has been designed so that the students demonstrate the following outcomes by the time they graduate:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
(As revised by the faculty on Sep. 22, 2009)
Graduates of the Electrical Engineering program are expected to:
– Be competent and productive in the practice of modern Electrical Engineering
– Engage in careers that provide opportunities for growth and leadership
– Keep informed of new technological developments and contribute to the expansion of engineering knowledge
The Department surveys alumni to evaluate how well the educational objectives are achieved. The BSEE Program has also been designed so that specific outcomes are attained in support of these objectives.