Microwave Devices Lab
Courses Using this Lab
Overview of Lab Equipment
For classes in microwave device design and characterization, microstripline circuits, and microwave circuit analysis.
Equipment includes: HP 85070M Dielectric Probe, HP 8720C Network Analyzer, Agilentâs ADS software, HP 8720D Network Analyzer, Agilent E4404B ESA-E Series Spectrum Analyzer and E4438C Vector Signal Generator. There are various stations with a PC and software for controlling the instruments. The PCs are connected to the department network.
Some experiments require equipment beyond that mounted in the benches; this equipment may be checked out from a well-equipped stockroom. The Microwave lab is located in room 2275 of MEB.
AWR Microwave Office software
How to setup AWR Microwave Office software
- Use ‘Jeff Walling’ for University Professor field, and then you will need some way to bind the license to a PC. I use my disk ID, but you can also use your mac address. The license is sent by email, and the software can be downloaded from their website.
How to run CST at the University of Utah:
- CST is installed in the ECE PC lab. You can use it there without any special information.
- To run it on your own computer, first, install the current CST CD on your PC. CDs are available through Dr. Furse or Marvin Match. Install it with the License: license.eng.utah.edu port 27030. Then Login using remote access.
Remote Access Information
To setup remote access with the license server for CST software, first establish a connection via VPN.
If you already set up CST 2011, then you’re good to go. If not:
- Install CST 2011. The new license does not work with older versions of CST.
- When it asks you for license information enter:
- Server: license.eng.utah.edu
- Port: 27030
Note: the license server is no longer automatic.
AEA 20/20 Time Domain Reflectometer
HP 85070M Dielectric Probe
HP 8720C Network Analyzer
HP 8720D Network Analyzer
Agilent E4404B ESA-E Series Spectrum Analyzer
Agilent E4438C Vector Signal Generator