Combined Bachelor/Master Degree Program
The BS/MS Program allows current undergraduate students enrolled in the University of Utah B.S. Electrical Engineering or B.S. Computer Engineering to easily enroll in the Graduate School to complete an accelerated MS degree.
The outcomes of the combined degree program are:
- Attract qualified undergraduate students into the graduate program at the end of their Junior year.
- Offer benefits to students in obtaining Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees through the combined program, minimizing repetition in coursework and accelerating the time required to complete an MS degree.
- Stimulate development of academic and career goals.
- Accelerated admission process provides:
- Programme flexibility—concentrate in your preferred areas of research as early as your Junior year
- Specialized advising ensures the courses you need are available to expedite the program
- Link between senior project and MS thesis—expand your already-impressive senior project into an MS thesis
THREE M.S. Tracks
There are 3 different tracks that you can pursue in the MS portion of the degree.
- The MS-Coursework option requirements are fulfilled through graduate courses. The MS-Coursework option is available for students who want to pursue an in-depth study of a variety of topics in Electrical Engineering.
- The MS-Project option has a project component and a thesis is not required. A research advisor is chosen before admission to the program.
- The MS-Thesis option involves in-depth research in a specific area and a written thesis submitted to the Graduate School. The M.S. thesis topic is expected to be an outgrowth of the required senior project. A research advisor is chosen before admission to the program.
Prof. Marc Bodson